Safety Guidelines & Restrictions
1. Foot Coverings: All team members must wear shoes or foot coverings with a reasonably impenetrable soles at all times
2. Lasers and Lights: Your team may not use lasers or laser pointers. Your team cannot use any type of light that produces a high intensity beam of light which may of of danger to eyes. Your team may not turn off or dim the lights.
3. Helium Balloons are NOT allowed by Heart of Texas Region.
4. Your team may NOT use devices or substances which produce an open flame or extreme heat or cold at any time while on campus. Extreme heat or cold is defined as temperatures that can cause damage to bare skin. These devices are NOT allowed: lit candles, caps, combustion engines, fire extinguishers, fires, fireworks of all types, flammable fuels, "party poppers', smoke bombs, sparklers, or substances that explode in any way.
5. Smoke or fog machines are NOT allowed.
6. Dry ice is NOT allowed by Heart of Texas Region.
7. No live animals.
8. Only unmodified commercially available batteries are allowed. Any battery that can spill liquids or materials when tipped is prohibited.
9. Circuits that use Direct Current (DC) cannot exceed 28VDC between any 2 exposed points in a circuit. Current limiting devices such as fuses or circuit breakers are required when a DC circuit will draw more than 10 Amps and must be placed between the power source and the devices using the power.
10. Circuits that use alternating current (AC) cannot exceed 120VAC for any exposed connection. A Ground Fault Interrupter (GFI) must be used for all team created or modified circuits. A GFI must be used for all solutions drawing more than 1000 Watts of power. Note: GFIs are exempt from cost.
11. No weapons of any kind, benign or otherwise, are allowed by Heart of Texas Region. This includes paintball guns, BB guns and air rifles.
12. No gratuitous violence.
13. Teams should be prepared to produce a Material Safety Data SHeet (MSDS) showing that items or chemicals they wish to use are safe. If the team members want to combine items or chemicals, the Team Manager must certify on the Declaration of Independence that the combined use of these items or chemicals is safe and will cause no harm.
14. No open containers of liquid are allowed by Heart of Texas Region.
15. No Silly String
16. No loose powder or glitter
17. No aerosols ( Shaving Cream, Spray paint, Hairspray, etc) during your performance.
18. No spray paint at any time.